- Are you passionate about sustainable farming?
- Want to work with farmers to improve water, air and soil quality, help mitigate flooding and aid nature’s recovery?
- Want to support farm businesses through once in a lifetime change in agricultural policy?
Natural England would love to hear from you.
Since 2006, Catchment Sensitive Farming Partnership; delivered by Natural England and supported by DEFRA and Environment Agency, have been working with farmers in priority areas to reduce diffuse pollution from agriculture. Natural England farm advisers work with stakeholders and farmers to deliver improvements in heathland, meadows, woodland and grazing with financial support from agri-environment schemes.
Natural England are now seeking a Senior Farm Adviser to lead this integrated work in the Sussex and Kent area team. You’ll be keen to champion the cause, share your knowledge and provide leadership to ensure farm advice is delivered and targeted effectively. You’ll enjoy the benefits of tailored learning and development, flexible working options and a civil service pension.
- Provide functional management to coordinate and enable delivery
- Build trusted relationships with stakeholders
- Nurture partnerships to improve environmental outcomes
- Champion farm advice and support budget management
- Drive forward the implementation of Natural England’s Future Farm Advice review
If you would like to make a positive difference and be part of a successful partnership and an ambitious and welcoming team, please apply now at:
Civil Service Jobs – GOV.UK and search job reference 4347, Senior Farm Adviser.
This role will be based at either our Ashford or Worthing office.
Closing date for applications: 8 September 2022