Vine-Works are looking for a vineyard-based Tractor Operator to join them as a supervisor, working in the UK’s most successful vineyard management business. The ideal candidate should have viticultural knowledge and tractor driving experience. Good personal skills are required as this role is customer-facing and the candidate should be confident in calibrating herbicide and fungicide sprayers, mixing products and cleaning down sprayers and use of PTO/hydraulic powered implements.
The ability to work independently and the confidence to problem solve are really important. Vine-Works Ltd demands the highest standards in order to meet our customers’ expectations. This role requires a high level of record-keeping and communication – attention to detail is vital. You will have the opportunity to learn how to deliver the highest standard of plant husbandry required for wine grapes. Working hours are approx. 40 hours/week, with some weekend work during harvest and in the summer. Based in the South of England, it is a role where you will gain extensive experience working across multiple vineyard sites and experience the flourishing English Wine industry first-hand.
Duties would include:
- Tractor operations e.g., spraying, mowing, under vine cultivation and trimming
- Low-level maintenance, upkeep, and service of mechanical equipment – machinery is serviced regularly by outside companies
- Must have own transport (essential)
- Tractor driving experience – spraying and mechanical operations
- Either PA2 and/or PA3 certification – Training for PA2 or PA3 if you are missing either will be provided on a conditional basis.
- Reasonable levels of fitness, and arithmetic
- Can-do attitude, people skills (customer-facing).
- Experience in farming, viticulture, or horticultural environments
Areas covered: East Anglia, Sussex, Hampshire and Kent.
Starting Salary: £14/hour
Vine-Works look forward to hearing from you!