The Estate is under Organic conversion, and is moving to regenerative farming techniques, while restoring wildflower meadows and traditional coppice management of woodland.
We are looking for a motivated, hardworking and flexible person to work as part of a small team managing the land for conservation and wildlife. We are looking for someone with good experience of managing livestock to help with our cattle and pigs, ensuring we achieve the highest welfare standards. An interest in conservation grazing methods, and a desire to learn the latest livestock management techniques are essential.
You will need to be a competent tractor driver to participate in the annual hay cut and be prepared to work long hours during busy periods.
Weekend livestock duties are required as part of a rota system.
- Experience of working with beef cattle
- Experience of/interest in conservation grazing methods
- Good tractor driving skills •
- Interest in wildlife and conservation
- Telehandler certificate
- Full driving licence
- Already living locally, or being willing to take accommodation on the Estate
- Experience of working with pigs
- Experience in organic or pasture-fed systems
- Chainsaw certificate /woodland work
- Butchery experience
- Deer stalking
- IT skills
In return, the Estate offers a great working environment, ongoing training, a generous pension and private health care. Accommodation will be made available on the Estate, if required.
Salary is dependent on experience.
All appointments are subject to:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Two satisfactory references (one of which must be from your current or most recent employer)
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 30 May.
Interviews will be held the week of 07 June
The full job profile is available on our website: www.wadhurstpark.co.uk
Questions regarding this position can be sent to email@example.com