Hall Place is the estate’s principal house, a Victorian, Grade II listed mansion which stands proudly beside a magnificent lake and set in a former deer park, overlooking the village of Leigh.
The Hall Place estate dates back to 1600 but was purchased into the vendors’ family by Samuel Morley in 1870, for £42,000, with another £230 for the deer herd. At that time, a grand Elizabethan house was replaced with the George Devey designed Victorian building you see today, built in as little as two years. After that, the lake was created and house furnished predominantly by Jackson & Graham.
In 1886 the estate was passed to Samuel Hope-Morley, following his father’s death who in turn was awarded the peerage of Lord Hollenden in 1912. More recently, in 1940, there was a serious chimney fire at Hall Place which badly damaged the east wing. In 1977 this part was turned into a “house garden” by the late Lord Hollenden and the remaining interior was adjusted to the existing arrangement.
Beside the house lies a traditional courtyard with three cottages (The Bothy, Chauffeurs Cottage and Stables Cottage) and former coach stores and stables. In addition to other ancillary buildings there are the two lodges; The Old Lodge and East Lodge.
Hall Place now requires some repair and modernisation and in doing so, it provides a purchaser with the opportunity to achieve their own requirements and style in a remarkable setting.
The park is split into three sections that surround the house, currently grazed on a short term agreement. There is also a large parcel of woodland which acts as the core for the estate shoot.
An additional 226 acres of farmland neighbouring the park and The Kennels cottage are also available.
This property has 277.38 acres of land with a guide price of £7,200,000 through Strutt & Parker.