The 2019 Royal County of Berkshire Show kick-starts it’s countdown with a fresh new look that reflects the outcome of a visitor exit survey, which showed that Livestock, Food & Shopping and Attractions are the top three reasons people attend the Show.
The organisers have listened and are excited to be releasing details about the following areas they have focused on:
- Livestock – The pigs, chickens, ducks, turkeys, goats, camelids and sheep will become an integral part of the Showground with a new home located alongside the cattle on the South side of the Showground.
- Food Hall – New name. New organising team. New location. New vibe. The Food Hall (Previously food fayre) is one of the biggest and best on the County Show circuit and we intend to keep it that way! The team took on board feedback from 2018 and have re-located the Food Hall further up the Showground directly adjacent to our main car park. The Food Hall will be the key feature in our Food and Farming Zone showcasing the very best of British Food and Farming.
- Wedding & Flower Marquee – A brand new marquee will sit alongside the Craft Marquee next to Avenue A. So anyone planning a wedding will have everything they need all in one place. From beautiful, hand-made crafts ideas for their big day, right through to music, dress designs and beautiful flower arrangements.
- Vintage Area – The popular vintage area is having a full makeover and will be relocating beside the main Livestock area, offering a larger selection of machinery than ever before!
- Dog Zone – As a new addition to the Show in 2018 - it was a great success and now has a dedicated team to help it grow.
- Enterprise Zone – Another new addition in 2018 and to be expanded for 2019. This Zone is the perfect place for any new fledgling business to showcase their products & services and get that all important customer interaction and feedback.
Together with the new layout, there will be a diverse selection of “in show” attractions to include:
- Vibrant and energetic themed dancers
- Lots of free children’s activities and have-a-go’s
- More local music spread across the Showground
- A jam-packed schedule of events in the Main Arena
Plus, many more new features to be announced over the coming months.