BTF Partnership has launched for sale The Petley Wood Equestrian Centre near Battle, East Sussex, with a guide price of £2.5m.
Set in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and located approximately two miles to the north east of Battle and five miles to the south east of Robertsbridge, the property benefits from excellent transport links, with mainline railway stations available at both Battle and Robertsbridge and the A21 being just a quarter of a mile distant.
The centre, which has been established for approximately 20 years, has hosted numerous affiliated and unaffiliated events including show jumping, dressage, arena eventing, combined training and showing. The facilities have also been hired out to riding clubs, pony clubs and the public. In addition to a six-bedroom farmhouse, the property provides extensive equestrian facilities, including:
- Thirty-three loose boxes
- An indoor arena (approximately 49.53m x 24.05m) with viewing gallery, public address system, overhead irrigation system and judge’s box
- An outdoor arena (approximately 1.42 acres) that can be utilised in its entirety or as three separate areas.
- An outdoor school (40mx20m)
- A five-horse walker
- A static unit that has historically been used as a café and the show/events office
- Several shipping containers for the storage of equipment (a majority of which benefit from mains electricity)
- Approximately 19 acres of grazing
- All weather turnout
- 168 acres of ancient woodland with private and exclusive off-road hacking
- Extensive hardstanding for box/lorry parking
- The centre is within reasonable distance of several other major equestrian facilities and show grounds.
The farmhouse extends to approximately 2,360 sq ft, and briefly comprises a sitting room, garden room, dining room, and kitchen on the ground floor and five bedrooms (one with en-suite) and a family bathroom on the first floor. The second floor provides an open-plan living space with a bedroom area.
Outside, the gardens are predominantly lawn and there is a double garage with a useful utility area. The farm drive, which serves both the farmhouse and equestrian centre, culminates in an approximately two-acre area of hardstanding, ideal for parking horse boxes and lorries.
In addition to the equestrian facilities, there is a glade within the ancient woodland which provides an enchanting setting for licensed wedding ceremonies.
Tim Crundwell at BTF Partnership comments: “This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to purchase a ‘ready-made’ equestrian centre that they could either continue running as a venue for local and national events, or as a private yard with the benefit of first-class training facilities and exclusive hacking out within 168 acres of ancient woodland.”
Full details are available at www.btfpartnership.co.uk/property/petley-wood-equestrian-centre-battle-east-sussex