BTF Partnership has launched Forest Farm for sale near Benenden in Kent. The farm has approximately 81.94 acres of pasture land with a farmhouse and annex, cattery for 40 animals and over 30,000 sq ft of livestock buildings. The farm has a guide price of £1.5 million.
Forest Farm is located in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on a quiet country lane and was previously part of a larger dairy and livestock unit. The farmhouse, which is subject to an agricultural occupancy condition (AOC), is a brick finished Scanda-Hus design in an elevated position overlooking the farm. There are three bedrooms on the ground floor and on the first floor there is a two-bedroom annex which is also subject to an AOC or can be used for holiday let accommodation.
The farm buildings and yard consist of:
- A cattery with 32 purpose-built, timber-framed cat pens laid out in a U-shape around a central courtyard with other adjoining buildings including an office and store
- The former dairy and bottle store
- A cubicle house which measures 15m x 50m approximately, with 120 cubicles
- A covered cattle yard and former parlour measuring 20m x35m
- A straw barn measuring 14m x 20m and open on three sides
- A lean-to yard barn with a further cattle yard
- Atcost barn – a four-bay building enclosed on three sides
- Silage clamp consisting of a two-sided concrete clamp capable of storing up to 1,500 tonnes of grass or maize silage
- A Dutch Barn located to the south of the farmhouse and accessed over a short track.
The Grade III land extends to just over 80 acres with around half in permanent pasture and the rest in a second-year ley. There are currently no agri-environment schemes in place but Basic Payment entitlements are included in the sale.
Richard Thomas, Director at BTF Partnership commented: “This is a super opportunity for someone looking for a livestock unit with diversified income available from the cattery. The farm is in a popular rural position in the High Weald AONB and could also benefit from the introduction of natural capital schemes to generate long-term income for the future.”
Further details can be found at www.btfpartnership.co.uk