An attractive grassland farm of about 76 acres operated as a Trakehner horse stud in recent years is on the market with Batcheller Monkhouse. It is situated in a rural location with wonderful views, comprising a Grade II Listed farmhouse, detached annexe, extensive range of farm buildings of about 21,000 square feet, with 25 loose boxes, 60 x 20m sand school and pasture fields.
Lower Lidham Hill Farmhouse is Grade II Listed, dating from the 17th century. The property would now benefit from some updating.
The main features include:
- Enclosed entrance porch and inner hall. The attractive double aspect drawing room has an inglenook fireplace with wood burner.
- From the sitting room there is a lobby with a cloakroom and door to a dining room.
- The well-fitted kitchen has a Britannia gas range cooker and an opening through to the conservatory/breakfast room.
- The first floor has the benefit of a large landing/study area. Bedroom one has a fireplace and inter-communicates with an en suite dressing room which intercommunicates with a nursery/bedroom four.
- There are two further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
The farm is approached from a private driveway which is shared with one other property. There is an openfronted triple-bay garage and adjacent workshop with inspection pit, and a gateway leads into the farmyard where there is a generous area of hardstanding for a good number of vehicles.
The farmhouse benefits from its own 2,000 litre rainwater collection cistern. There is an additional rainwater cistern in the farmyard.
The detached annexe was converted in 2012.
The farm buildings are arranged around a large open concrete yard and in recent times the farm has been run as a Trakehner horse stud with the buildings comprising:
- A quadruple span portal-framed barn divided into two separate stable yards with Loddon loose boxes, one comprising twelve loose boxes and the other ten loose boxes with a central indoor school of approximately 23m x 18m.
- A further steel portal-framed barn housing three Loddon Wellington foaling boxes with tack room and further storage areas. CCTV is installed. The stables have automatic drinkers.
- Staff quarters comprising kitchen area and shower room with two rooms above.
- A large steel-framed Dutch barn with lean-tos to the side.
The land is principally laid to pasture with woodland shaws and three ponds. There are wonderful unspoilt rural views.
The land extends to about 76 acres.
To view please contact the Battle office: 01424 775577