The Pympne Manor Estate is an exceptionally attractive residential and agricultural estate extending to 346 acres, with a Manor House, Listed Farmhouse and two other dwellings.
Set in the High Weald of Kent, this delightful property has been in the same family ownership for around 100 years and is now for sale on behalf of the Executors of the late Miss P A Thoburn.
Pympne Manor is a classic Wealden Hall House and has been associated with the estate for several centuries. It is set in a secluded position with beautiful gardens and parkland at the end of a farm drive. For sale as a whole or in five lots it includes:
- Lot 1 Pympne Manor – A Grade II* listed detached yeoman farmers house dating from the 15th century with later additions, gardens and grounds, three-bed cottage and one-bed flat, farm buildings and approximately 182.21 acres.
- Lot 2 Mount Hall Farmhouse – A Grade II listed period farmhouse with four bedrooms, a period Kent barn and attached oast, farmyard and building and approximately 50.36 acres.
- Lot 3 The land at Mount Le Hoe of approximately 48.74 acres.
- Lot 4 The Goddards Green Orchards and pasture extending to about 36.80 acres.
- Lot 5 Back Tilt Field comprising 24.83 acres of arable land.
Richard Thomas at BTF Partnership said: “Pympne Manor is a fine and un-spoilt rural estate in a beautiful part of the Kentish Weald. This is the first time in around 100 years that the estate has been offered for sale. The late Miss Thoburn was born at the property in 1926 after her father had acquired the property and begun farming in the area. Miss Thoburn remained actively involved in the management of the farm until her death. This is a very rare opportunity to take ownership of an outstanding estate and continue Miss Thoburn’s legacy and we anticipate this will generate significant interest from potential buyers locally and nationally.”
The estate has good road and rail links to central London and beyond, with Staplehurst Station approximately eight miles and Ashford International approximately 12 miles. The area is well known for its excellent range of public, secondary and prep schools.
Benenden, Kent Guide price on application 346 acres
01233 740077 | www.btfpartnership.co.uk